Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Day in THE LIFE

These days i'm either waking up at 4 in the MORINING to go hook up dogs and take em out on a run, or I get up at the more acceptable hour of 6 30 to go feed, water and scoop doggie poops. Yesturday morning I got up to run dogs when that little worm of a question wiggled into my thought, "Why in the heck am I doing this?" On top of it being one of those 4 am mornings I was dealing with one of those monthly annoyances...ugh. I went through the morning bitching and moaning to myself "Poor me...oh, Poor me". I was your basic whiner. Toward the end of the run my boss, Linda, had me hop in the front of the 4-wheeler to continue my lesson in mushing. Its an amazing thing to be mushing a 16 dog team. They are so frickin amazing! After returning and finishing up chores, I went up and loved on each dog... They completely changed my attitude. As I get to know the each dog individually and as a team, I realize just how incredible they are. I LOVE my job!

1 comment:

  1. and I love you! I think you're amazing and I'm so glad that you are living this adventure right now. It will be something that you will cherish for the rest of your life (kind of like our friendship, lol). I still miss you to pieces, Nee. Life is boring without you here to have deep conversations with.

    ReplyDelete